Although it may be cool already, the full force of winter is just around the corner. If you have not thought about your furnace for a while, now is the time. Getting your furnace ready for the winter with a full inspection, tune-up, and routine maintenance services will help you to ensure your home remains cozy and warm during the harshest winter weather. Our team at Priced Right Heating & Cooling is standing by to help prepare your furnace for the heating season, and our furnace tune-up services offer great results at a cost-effective price.
HOW TO PREPARE YOUR FURNACE FOR WINTER
A full inspection and tune-up are great ways to make sure your furnace is clean, properly adjusted, and performing at its best as you head into the heating season. For most furnaces, the winter tune-up process will include:
- Replacing the air filter and cleaning the blower assembly
- Testing the current draw of the blower motor
- Lubricating bearings, pulleys, and other moving components
- Checking for proper supply and return airflow
- Testing the thermostat and zoning controls
- Inspecting the control board
- Inspecting for loose, corroded, or damaged electrical connections
- Cleaning the burners and flame sensor
- Testing the igniter or pilot light
- Inspecting the heat exchanger and flue for leaks
- Measuring carbon monoxide concentrations
- Verifying proper furnace operation
The inspection is an effective way to catch any furnace problems that may be developing, preventing breakdowns during the middle of the winter.
THE BENEFITS OF ANNUAL FURNACE TUNE-UPS
By having your furnace inspected and serviced just before winter begins, you can make sure it is truly ready for the cold. A pre-winter tune-up offers several benefits, including:
- Reduced energy consumption – When your furnace is well maintained, it will not have to work as hard to keep your home warm, reducing energy usage.
- Lower utility costs – As the energy consumption of your furnace drops, so will your heating costs.
- Fewer breakdowns – With your furnace properly cleaned, adjusted, and serviced, there will be less chance of a breakdown or malfunction during the winter, saving you time, money, and stress.
- Longer furnace life – When you are diligent about furnace maintenance, you can extend the useful service life of your system.
- Improved comfort – A clean, properly operating furnace will keep your home warmer and the air cleaner throughout the winter.
To keep your furnace running smoothly, check the condition of your air filter every month, and replace it when it is dirty, clogged, or over three months old.
FURNACE TUNE-UP SERVICES IN OVERLAND PARK & OLATHE, KS
Make sure you are ready for winter with furnace tune-up services from our team at Priced Right Heating & Cooling. We also offer complete furnace repair services for any problems found in the inspection, as well as replacement services for systems that are beyond saving.
To schedule tune-up services in Overland Park or Olathe, call our team today at (913) 713-5911 or contact us online!