Priced Right company logo, a penguin wearing a hat giving a thumbs up while also holding a toolbox

How Following 3 Basic Tips Will Prevent Uneven Cooling In Your Home

How Following 3 Basic Tips Will Prevent Uneven Cooling In Your Home

eliminate-uneven-cooling---thermostatOverland Park area residents are grateful for their air conditioning systems when the summertime heat and humidity get to be too much to bear. But for some families, the vast difference in temperatures from one part of the house can trigger thermostat disputes.

It’s a common problem in many American homes. Often, the higher floors can be several degrees hotter than the ground floor or the basement. But what can be done about it? To help you achieve a uniformly comfortable temperature throughout your home, we’ve prepared these 3 simple tips.

Improve the Insulation in Your Attic

The sun’s rays continuously beating down on the roof can cause the air in the attic to get extremely hot. That heat energy can transfer to the living areas of you home on the upper floors, contributing to the difference in temperature with the floors below.

By adding more insulation to the attic, not only can you reduce how hot it gets up there, you can also stop that heat from transferring to the space below it.

Leliminate-uneven-cooling---airductsook For Leaks in Your Ducts

The ductwork in most homes is riddled with holes and cracks. It’s estimated that as much as 30% of the cooled air escapes from the ducts of the average home before it can reach the intended rooms. As a result, you end up spending more on your energy bills pushing your AC system to deliver the remaining 70% of cold air to the furthest reaches of the house.

By sealing your ductwork, your system will function far more efficiently and will have greater ease distributing the conditioned air throughout your home. You may be able to locate some of the leaks yourself in areas where the ductwork is exposed, but for a more thorough job, you will need the assistance of a qualified professional. An expert HVAC technician will have the right tools to find and seal the leaks in your ducts. They can also insulate the ducting to prevent further temperature loss.

Adding a Zoning System to Your Home

If you have a single thermostat in your home, your heating and air conditioning system will work to attain the desired temperature in the room where it is located. It cannot account for the warmer temperature in rooms with large windows caused by the sun.

A zoning system uses several thermostats to regulate the temperature in different parts of your home. The system controls a series of baffles inside the ductwork to appropriately calibrate the amount of conditioned air directed to each zone. Zoning systems are a great way to achieve an even comfortable temperature throughout your home and can help to reduce your energy costs by allowing you to reduce the amount of cool air sent to rooms not being used.

Whether you need assistance installing a zoning system, sealing leaks in your ducts or improving the insulation in your attic, the professional technicians at Priced Right Heating & Cooling, in St. Lenexa, KS are ready to help you achieve uniform comfort throughout your home year-round. Call us today at 913-713-5911 to schedule an appointment.

Contact Person

Priced Right heating and cooling small divider

Our Location

Priced Right heating and cooling small divider

Service Areas

Priced Right heating and cooling small divider
Scroll to Top